What Makes Us Different?
As the leading boutique, custom, coastal cottage builder in southeastern North Carolina, we are delighted to share with you our points of differentiation.
- We build dream cottages—one at a time.
- We offer 14 unique Craftsman-inspired cottage home plans of unequaled design, vintage style, and modern amenities for today’s discerning buyer. 1- and 2-story options from 1,400 to 2,600 square feet are available.
- We customize our cottage home plans any way our buyer wishes. We can modify, add to, or redesign any of our 12 plans to our buyer’s needs and wants.
- Each and every finish and feature in our cottage homes is selected by the buyer including: interior and exterior paint colors; flooring and tile; granite; cabinetry and doors; lighting, faucets, and bath fixtures.
- Our cottage homes are 35% more energy efficient.
- We are a RESNET Certified Builder with 3rd party certification to ensure our buyer’s home energy efficiency.
- One third of the 35% energy efficiency comes from the semi-conditioned crawl space we build under each and every one of our cottage homes. (Available in certain communities.)
- The remaining energy efficiency, in our custom cottage homes, comes from our energy-efficient building materials including, but not limited to: insulated wraps and taped seams; James Hardie siding; radiant barrier roof sheathing; high-performance shingles and windows; extensive caulking; a Rinnai tankless water heater; and a 15 SEER HVAC system.
- Our list of “Included Features” is extensive and includes the following:
- Wide, welcoming front porches.
- Craftsman-style architectural details including: timeless trim around windows and doors, crown moulding, and 7 1/4” high baseboards.
- A choice of a custom-crafted gas fireplace with surrounds or a custom-crafted entertainment center.
- Exotic hardwood floors and luxury ceramic tiled bathrooms.
- Distinctive granite countertops and unique tiled backsplashes.
- Designer lighting and plumbing fixtures.
- Coastally-inspired, custom paint colors.
- Extensive landscapes with indigenous and semi-tropical plantings
- We build coastal cottage communities.
- Each community we develop or build out is strategically selected and designed to facilitate neighborly interactions and a cottage community lifestyle.
- We select communities that are close to Wilmington, NC; Southport, NC; and North Myrtle Beach, SC so that shopping, dining, and the beach are no farther than 5 minutes away from our communities.
- Each community includes a number of amenities.
- While amenities vary by location, examples are: a pool, clubhouse, exercise facilities, and walking trails.
- We use only quality materials and employ professional craftsman to build our custom cottage homes.
- We offer a 1-year builder warranty which includes a final walk-thru after 12 months.
- We offer a 6-year RWC structural warranty.