We’re RESNET Certified So You Can Enjoy Greater Utility Savings–All Year!
RESNET Energy Smart Benefits to Our Cottage Owners
- Energy savings of up to 35% in utility bills.
- More comfortable, consistent inside temperatures.
- Better long-term performance of all building materials.
- Greater curb appeal versus a slab home.
The MANY Building Measures We Take as a RESNET Energy Smart Cottage Home Builder
- Foam gaskets strategically placed during framing to stop air leakage/loss.
- Expandable foam used to seal penetrations in exterior walls to stop air leakage/loss.
- Caulking & fire-stopping used in top and bottom plates of all walls to stop air leakage/loss.
- Third party inspections of insulation and air leakage preventative measures to assure “Grade A” installation and performance.
- Radiant barrier roof sheathing installed to reflect 17-20% of radiant heat gain.
- Premium house wrapping with all taped seams to minimize air leakage, and optimize homes ability to expel moisture.
- Energy efficient windows with Low-E glass & Argon gas filled between panes.
- Rinnai tankless water heaters.
- 15 SEER rated, Trane heat pumps.
- Programmable HVAC thermostats.
- Semi-Conditioned, enclosed crawl space option.
- Keeps duct work efficiency high by lessening heat loss
- Tough, 10 mil vapor barrier, mechanically attached to piers & perimeter of crawl space wall to stop moisture from the ground up.
- Minimum R-10, closed cell spray foam on crawl space perimeter walls.
- Pressurized with conditioned air to prevent the entry of humid air from the exterior environment.
- Crawl space sealed with foam gaskets and weather stripping to stop air leakage.
- Includes supplementary dehumidifier to adjust humidity levels as necessary.
- Includes remote monitoring system to monitor temperature & humidity levels in the cottage home and crawl space.
- Duct leakage testing and inspections, by Third Party Energy Rater to ensure leakage meets our standard.
- Blower door testing, by Third Party Energy Rater, to ensure whole house leakage meets minimum spec & our standard.
- RESNET rating score, as determined by Third Party Energy Rater, to establish the overall efficiency of each cottage home as compared to other NEW homes and current energy code enforcement.
The difference is real with a RESNET Certified Builder.
In savings, long-term performance of your cottage’s materials, more comfortable living year round, and greater curb appeal. Don’t build your home without it being RESNET engineered and certified.