What’s So Special About The Cottages?
It’s the way our coastal North Carolina custom, Craftsman style cottages make you feel.
From the moment you enter our communities. You see lush landscapes, mature trees, natural ponds, gently curving streets and sidewalks, and of course, our Craftsman-style cottages that celebrate charm and style with their wide, welcoming front porches; colorful exteriors; and classic Arts and Crafts details.
It’s all in the design and details.
Each cottage home is unique–from the conditioned crawl space that increases the home’s overall energy efficiency by 35%; to its open, interconnected floor plan; to the many, many added energy-efficient features earning each home RESNET certification; to the exterior and interior architectural details; to the meticulous, custom-designed landscaped beds.
It’s the ideal Southeastern coastal North Carolina location: Ocean Isle Beach, Brunswick Forest, RiverSea and RiverLights.
Each community has so much to offer: close proximity to beaches, adjacency to local shops and fare and short distances to the culture and excitement of historic Southport and Wilmington and lively North Myrtle and Myrtle Beach.
It’s built by The Cottage Building Company–a team of building professionals with a long track record of successes, quality new homes, and satisfied homeowners.
The Cottage Building team is special. Expect personal attention, amazing results and a well-built, energy efficient, custom cottage that feels like home from the moment you catch a glimpse of its iconic front porch.
We’re a RESNET Certified Builder
So You Can Enjoy Greater Utility Savings–All Year!
- RESNET Energy Smart construction = Utility savings up to 35%
- Semi-conditioned, encapsulated crawlspace foundation
- James Hardie cement board lap siding and trim
- CertainTeed Landmark or GAF Timberline 30-year architectural shingles
- Exterior Therma-Tru Fiber Classic Door
- Finished garage with storage access—includes pull down stairs
- All-Steel Carriage House 2-car garage door
- Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional ½ HP garage door opener with 2 remote controls
- 15 SEER HVAC System
- Rinnai tankless water heater or 80 gallon heat pump hot water heater
- Simonton windows
- Tilt-in-sash with DP 50 and Low E, energy efficient glass with argon gas-filled panes
- DP 50 exceeds building code and wind load requirements
- Craft Master interior doors
- Corvado, two-panel plank door with Classic Shaker style, elegant smooth finish
- 4 recessed can lights in master Bedroom, great room, and kitchen
- 3 ½”- to 5”-wide pre-finished Oak, Hickory, Maple and Eucalyptus engineered hardwood flooring
- Ceramic tile floors in all baths
- Raised vanity heights in all baths
- Granite vanity tops with under mount bowls in all baths
- Ceramic tile shower with corner seat & soap niche in master bath
- Mohawk plush frieze, Berber high-density carpets
- Soil & stain resistant with 8lb pad
- Granite countertops and tile backsplash in kitchen
- Designer cabinets with multiple styles, finishes, crown molding and stepped cabinet heights–hardware included
- Soft-drawer close with full extension glides
- Gas fireplace with tile or granite surround and hearth OR entertainment center in lieu of fireplace
- GE stainless steel kitchen appliances
- Refrigerator with dispensing ice maker
- 30” free-standing CleanDesign smooth-top electric range
- Tall tub dishwasher
- Spacemaker 1.5 Cu. Ft. over-the-range microwave vented to the exterior
- High arc kitchen faucet
- A choice of stainless steel undermount sinks—3 available styles
- Dual garbage can pullout
- 9’ smooth ceilings
- Oil rubbed bronze door handles, hardware, plumbing, and light fixtures
- Impressive lighting package allowance
- Classic timeless trim on all doors and windows
- Crown molding in living areas
- 7 ¼ “ tall baseboard molding throughout
- 3 interior wall paint color choices
- Cable and phone outlets in kitchen, great room, and bedrooms—5 total
- Extensive landscape package with sod throughout the entire yard
- Automatic irrigation system on all exterior trees, shrubs, and lawn
- Beautiful flowering shrubs and a variety of trees
- Custom front porches with choice of handrail & column design
- Rear deck with patio doors
- 1-year builder warranty
- Includes final walk-thru after 12 months
- 6-year structural warranty
Customization options available- see your Sales Rep for details.
The Cottage Building Company reserves the right to substitute a product of equal or better quality for any product listed in our Included Features.
The difference is real with a RESNET Certified Builder.
In savings, long-term performance of your cottage’s materials, more comfortable living year round, and greater curb appeal. Don’t build your home without it being RESNET engineered and certified.
RESNET Energy Smart Builders are leading the transformation of the housing market towards high energy performance homes. These leading builders are committed to having all of their homes energy rated following RESNET’s stringent standards and marketing their homes’ HERS Index.
The RESNET HERS Index is the industry standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured. The home energy rating system was designed by RESNET and is the nationally recognized system for the inspection and calculating of a home’s energy performance. Certified RESNET HERS raters have rated over 1 million homes since 1995.