A Warm Welcome Home
Thank you for visiting our website and please take your time to look around.
The Cottage Building Company designs and builds custom cottage communities of unparalleled quality and timeless design in southeastern North Carolina. We have created an online presence that invites you into our company, as well as our cottages, but we sincerely hope you will visit us in person at our Leland, North Carolina home offices, as well as in any of our ongoing and completed communities.
Under the watchful eyes and hands-on leadership of company founders, creators and owners Scott and Michele Cook, The Cottage Building Company is currently creating the following communities:
- The Cottages at Ocean Isle Beach
- The Cottages at Brunswick Forest
- The Cottages at RiverLights
- The Cottages at RiverSea
Our fully completed communities include:
- The Cottages at Southport
- The Cottages at Holly Ridge
In addition, The Cottage Building Company builds homes throughout Brunswick County, North Carolina. If you have a lot, we can build one of our award-winning, custom cottages for you.
The mission of The Cottage Building Company is to create close-knit, custom communities that celebrate the cottage lifestyle. Every home is designed and built to capture the essence, charm and features of a vintage Craftsman cottage with all of the customization, modern amenities and options to meet today’s discerning homebuyers’ needs and wants.
Our focus is on creating efficient, carefree, coastal lifestyles that encourage connections between neighbors, personal wellbeing and a sense of harmony with nature.
We have remained true to this mission and vision since our inception a decade ago, and today we are honored to find ourselves the leading custom cottage builder in North Carolina.
Especially appreciated in today’s complex world, the uncluttered and straightforward design principles that inspired the Arts and Crafts movement more than a century ago are the tenants we employ in creating comforting, welcoming cottage homes today.
Our commitment is, and has always been, to customize every part of every cottage to fit the individual owner’s needs and dreams. From choosing the initial floor plan, finishes and fixtures, to creating customized rooms and features, we ensure that your cottage will be everything you desire for today, tomorrow and the years to come.
- Gracious, wide front porches
- Abundant windows that allow the outside beauty to enhance the interior
- Open floor plans with few hallways, for easy entertaining
- Craftsman-style architectural details, such as wainscoting and moldings
- Coffered ceilings
- Built-in cabinets, shelving and seating
- Gas fireplaces with custom-crafted surrounds
- Modern kitchens with quality appliances and well-organized workspaces
- Distinctive granite countertops and unique tiledbacksplashes
- Elegant hardwood floors
- Luxurious ceramic tiled bathrooms
- Designer lighting and plumbing fixtures
- Coastally-inspired custom paint colors
- Plentiful outdoor living spaces with fluid connections that make them feel an integral part of the home
- Extensive landscapes with native and semi-tropical plantings, and eco-friendly irrigation systems
- One- and two-story plans from 1,300 sq. ft. to 2,600 sq. ft.
- 14 unique floor plans with endless customization options to meet your needs
- 35% greater energy efficiency than many other new homes
As you browse our website and tour our neighborhoods in person, please take note of the quality materials, exacting standards and attention to detail that are hallmarks of our cottages and communities.
You’ll also notice that our land plans set the cottages in intimate enclaves, among existing trees, ponds and grassy areas. We seek to balance privacy with neighborly interactions.
We Build Dream Cottages – One at a Time
Call us today to discuss your custom coastal cottage and to plan an overnight visit: (910) 579-2002.