RESNET Energy Smart Benefits to Our Homeowners
- Energy savings of up to 35% in power usage
- More comfortable living home
- Better long-term performance of building materials
Additional Steps during construction of our RESNET - Energy Smart Builder Homes
- Third party energy rater design & coordination of energy saving measures
- Foam gaskets strategically placed during framing to stop air leakage/loss
- Expandable foam used to seal penetrations in exterior walls to stop air leakage/loss
- Caulking & fire-stopping used in top & bottom plates of all walls to stop air leakage/loss
- Third party inspections of insulation & air leakage preventative measures to assure "grade A"
installation and performance
- Radiant barrier roof sheathing installed to reflect 17-20% of radiant heat gain.
- Premium house wrap with all taped seams to minimize air leakage, and optimize homes ability
to expel moisture.
- Energy efficient windows with Low-E glass & Argon gas filled between panes.
- Rinnai Tankless water heaters
- 15 SEER rated, Trane Heat Pumps
- Programmable HVAC thermostats
- Semi-Conditioned, enclosed crawl space option (Southport location standard)
- Keeps duct work efficiency high by lessening heat loss
- Tough, 10 mil vapor barrier, mechanically attached to piers & perimeter of crawl space wall
to stop moisture from the ground up.
- Minimum R-10, closed cell spray foam on crawl space perimeter walls.
- Pressurized with conditioned air to prevent the entry of humid air from the exterior environment.
- Crawl space sealed with foam gaskets and weather stripping to stop air leakage.
- Includes supplementary dehumidifier to adjust humidity levels as necessary.
- Includes Remote monitoring system to watch temperature & humidity levels in house & crawl space.
- Duct leakage testing & inspections by Third Party Energy Rater to ensure leakage meets our standard.
- Blower door testing, by Third Party Energy Rater, to ensure whole house leakage meets minimum spec
& our standard.
- RESNET rating score as determined by Third Party Energy Rater that establishes the overall efficiency
of the home as compared to other NEW homes & current energy code enforcement.
The Cottages by Cardinal Builders
RESNET Energy Smart Builders are
leading the transformation of the housing towards high energy performance homes. These leading builders are committed to
having all of their homes energy rated following RESNET's stringent standards and marketing their homes' HERS Index.
The RESNET HERS Index is the industry standard by
which a home's energy efficiency is measured. The home energy rating system was designed by RESNET and is the nationally
recognized system for the inspection and calculating a home's energy performance. Certified RESNET HERS raters have rated
over 1 million homes since 1995.
Questions? Just ask! 910.329.9984 or email>